Whether you grew up in the 90s or not, there’s a little 90s in all of us. From music by boy bands, girls bands and cult classics like the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Pearl Jam, to tasty snacks like Fruit by the Foot—the 90s had something special for everyone.
We’re bringing it all back every Tuesday in the Melody Bar for 90s Kid Tuesdays launching this coming Tue July 11. Along with having Lego and Lagers set up (a childhood staple), we’re pulling all the 90s kid stops including adult colouring, giant Jenga set up on the stage, 90s mixes all night, 90s shows playing on the TV (hi, Saved by the Bell) and snacks to take you back to better days (check out the Facebook event here).
Every Tuesday, kick back, relax and prepare to go way back.
In honour of the night, here are 10 things any 90s kid can relate to. Prepare for 90s Kid Tuesday to jog these memories…
1. How Zack and Kelly were the purest of relationship goals
2. When Jenga would go from 0 to 100 real quick
Verse your friends in our Melody Bar with a game of Jumbo Jenga!
3. Being the raddest kid at school whenever you brought your walkman
4. When the most painful thing in the world was stepping on a lego piece
Crack open a beer and relive the simple days with Legos and Lagers.
5. The amount of anxiety produced on N64’s Rainbow Road
6. When the most expensive jewellery you owned was ALSO edible
7. Using Daria as inspo to channel out your deep, inner angst
8. Trading the swaggest of snap back bracelets with your bffls
9. Accidentally tracing over a freshly marked dark colour with a light-coloured marker
Avoid ruining your marker stash. Grab your friends and join us for Adult Colouring!
10. And lastly, neglecting your Furby and then realizing it’s now out to get you!!!