Afternoon Lecture Series for New Parents
Stroll up the accessible ramp leading into the Gladstone Melody Bar, order lunch (not included), grab a free cup of Stroller Social drip coffee and learn about Pharmacy related topics with Kat, a Pharmacist at the Hospital for Sick Children.
This informal education session will start at 11am and cover some common medication questions new parents may have like:
- Fever and pain- when and how much Tylenol/Advil should I give my child?
- Gastro-esophageal Reflux- what are possible treatments?
- Strategies to get your child to take liquid medication.
- Antibiotics- are they always necessary?
- The Ontario Immunization Schedule.
- Non-Pharmacologic treatments of the above illnesses.
Kat is a Pharmacist at the Hospital for Sick Children, specializing in the care of children with serious illnesses. She has 10 years of experience providing information about medications to physicians, nurses and parents. She has 6 months of experience putting it in to practice as the seriously awesome mother of twins.
*Please speak to your child’s physician or your local pharmacist for specific questions about your child’s medical conditions. This is intended for information only, and only your child’s health care providers can diagnose your child’s conditions.