312 | Re:Fresh
Guests staying in room 312 will delight in the exquisite simplicity of this room which is infused with serenity.
- Queen bed
- 225 sq ft/21 sq m
- 4 piece bathroom with hairdryer
- West view
- Hypo-allergenic duvet and pillows, 300 thread count sheets
- Studio-size ironing board (full sized ironing board available by calling the Front Desk)
- Samsung Galaxy Tablet with digital concierge system and browser for free internet surfing
- Coffee and tea service in the 3rd floor lounge (7am-10am)
- Fitness facilities available at 99 Sudbury Gym
- Telephone with private voice mail and free local calls
- 20″ flat screen television with premium cable
- All-natural Canadian bath products
- Safety deposit box
Find out more about our complimentary and extra room amenities HERE.
Designed by Andrew Jones and Joy Walker
The overall impact of our room is of quiet simplicity. As a furniture designer and a textile designer working together, our goal was to combine hard and soft materials that respond to human needs, uplift the spirit and chase away the hotel blues. Oak-veneered plywood was used to make all the furniture for the room. The design of each piece is elemental and simple in construction, yet carefully considers the use. Our bed has an upholstered headboard which angles back, transforming it into a large, soft chair for two – a comfortable place to lounge, read, work, talk on the phone or watch television. A large textile wall wraps around the bed giving softness and texture to the room. The silkscreen-printed designs conceptually play with the of process painting. Colours appear as splashes or “paint chips” drawing the visitor’s eye around the room and inviting them to participate by stopping to consider each colour.
The Gladstone project is a first-time collaboration between furniture designer, Andrew Jones and textile artist, Joy Walker.