Sugar Bush is a peaceful and contemplative room that brings the freshness of a snow blanketed landscape to the quietest corner of the hotel.
- Double bed
- 181sq ft (17 sq m)
- 3 piece bathroom with hairdryer
- Hypo-allergenic duvet and pillows, 300 thread count sheets
- Studio-size ironing board (full sized ironing board available by calling the Front Desk)
- Samsung Galaxy Tablet with digital concierge system and browser for free internet surfing
- Coffee and tea service in the 3rd floor lounge (7am-10am)
- Fitness facilities available at 99 Sudbury Gym
- Telephone with private voice mail and free local calls
- 20″ flat screen television with premium cable
- All-natural Canadian bath products
- Safety deposit box
Find out more about our complimentary and extra room amenities HERE.
Designed by Heidi Earnshaw.
Heidi Earnshaw is a furniture maker and design consultant who directs a studio based practice in downtown Toronto producing furniture, spaces and related objects. Combining traditional craftsmanship and handwork with manufactured elements her studio projects are grounded in solid woodworking but often incorporates steel, stone, glass and plastics. An enthusiastic collaborator, Heidi works both solo and in collaboration with other design professionals on private, public and corporate projects that range in scale from one off, site specific commissions to batch production runs.
Taking inspiration from the late winter maple forests of southern Ontario, galvanized sap buckets are fashioned into light shades and the color palette is a restrained one of cool grays and browns. Flashes of earthy green hint at the coming of spring while a diffused horizon line carried around the room separates the earth from the sky.
A warm, natural walnut bed frame and lathe turned side tables are nestled into a curved wall covered with white ceramic flowers. Lying in bed, guests are invited to trace the patterns of the abstracted tree silhouettes cut into the cabinet across the room. Lit by the soft light of a snowball ceiling fixture, “Sugar Bush” is an inviting retreat for weary travellers in any season.