413 | Combo Moderna
Combo Moderna is a contemporary retreat embracing the comfort of a seemingly worn 19th century hotel room tattered by time with misplaced modern day objects that appear to be off course from another era.
- Queen bed
- 180 sq ft (17 sq m)
- 3 piece bathroom with hairdryer
- Hypo-allergenic duvet and pillows, 300 thread count sheets
- Studio-size ironing board (full sized ironing board available by calling the Front Desk)
- Samsung Galaxy Tablet with digital concierge system and browser for free internet surfing
- Coffee and tea service in the 3rd floor lounge (7am-10am)
- Fitness facilities available at 99 Sudbury Gym
- Telephone with private voice mail and free local calls
- 20″ flat screen television with premium cable
- All-natural Canadian bath products
- Safety deposit box
Find out more about our complimentary and extra room amenities HERE.
Designed by Kelly Palmer and Melanie Zanker.
Kelly Palmer and Melanie Zanker are two artists whose passion for fine art has evolved into creative careers.
Palmer’s skills as a theatrical scenic painter for the National Ballet of Canada and Opera Atelier has influenced her technique in relation to her paintings, traditional Canadian landscapes engaging with mobile structures within a two dimensional space.
Zanker’s artistic endeavors have shaped a multidisciplinary practice, which incorporate her skills as a furniture designer, woodworker, seamstress, and fine artist. Ultimately, Zanker’s experience of working with various mediums has enriched her aesthetic sensibilities and defined her craftsmanship.
Together Palmer and Zanker’s diverse talents explore the spatial dynamics of furniture within an embellished plane both traditional and contemporary. Establishing a dialogue between the two dimensional plane and the three dimensional object is a natural evolution of their eclectic capacity and unique expression.
CONTACT | Melanie Zanker
Combo Moderna reveals historical periods in a series of layers via hand painted patterned walls by Kelly Palmer and Melanie Zanker’s custom built furniture. Inspired by wallpaper from the 1800′s to present Palmer’s hand painted surfaces appear as if the paper has peeled away decade by decade. Zanker’s furniture explores various designs throughout history encapsulated in one or two distinct pieces.