Event & Catering Sales Manager
- The Event & Catering Sales Manager will be responsible for maximizing hotel revenue by securing new business and growing past and present relationships while maintaining a continued focus on the arts community. You will be responsible for development, production and delivery of all catering events from start to finish by liaising with other departments to ensure every event is executed with passion and strong customer service. The Gladstone is a well-known Boutique art hotel attracting a large percentage of its business from Toronto, Montreal and New York.
- The Gladstone has 37 guest rooms, all individually designed by artists. There is one large ballroom, and a number of smaller breakout rooms and function spaces. Guests enjoy the Melody Bar and the Gladstone Café.
- The hotel is managed by Sequel Hotels and Resorts
This position reports directly to the General Manager.
- Organize catering and group bookings from date of booking to departure, including meeting requirements, guest room requirements, guest room pickup, food & beverage and audio visual
- Development and implementation of all sales strategies for hotel room inventory, meeting space, food & beverage and other revenue streams within the property.
- Maximize strong customer development and relationship management skills.
- Evaluate business trends, determine applicability to customer profile and modify business strategies accordingly.
- Target, solicit and penetrate new and existing accounts with a focus where possible in art and design/fashion/ & Music.
- Maintain good working relationship with clients while exploring ways to increase revenue.
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships
- To provide appropriate event details to all departments via the Events Calendar and the Weekly Events Meeting.
- Prepares monthly and weekly sales activities report and action plan.
- To conduct site meetings with clients as requested.
Job Requirements: Qualified candidates will have the following experience (Knowledge, Skills and Ability)
- Knowledge of arts culture, dynamics and etiquette is preferred. Imagination, creativity and initiative are great assets.
- Operate with high integrity in delivering exceptional service to our guests.
- A practical knowledge of food, event costs, preparation and pricing is important. Must have strong prospecting, negotiating and closing skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Keeps current with competitive environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as strong oral and written skills.
- Ability to network and build relationships.
- Have strong organizational skills and drive towards achievement of goals /objectives.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly and concisely.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data.
- Ability to work extended hours to meet requirements where necessary.
- Experience in Delphi an asset.
- Proficient in Windows O/S and Microsoft office applications.
- Education and Experience:
- Hospitality Degree or Diploma from a recognized hospitality and/or management related course an asset
- Previous leadership experience within a similar role required
- Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Please apply with resume by email to Rhonda Christenson – Rhonda@gladstonehotel.com by December 20, 2013.
There are currently no job postings. All employment related inquiries should be directed to Rhonda Christenson