- Event Venues
- Food + Drink
Call to Vendors
The Gladstone Hotel invites artists to apply to participate as vendors in GH Marketplace:
Wellness Market. This market explores well-being as more than just purchasing products in a
consumer society. Gain the tools for self care and relaxation by learning about Yoga and Thai
Massage, build community by supporting local artisan vendors and exercise the act of giving by
assisting local charities. This is retail therapy at its best and with Valentine’s Day just around the
corner, this market will offer gifts of love for everyone. We are looking for vendors who wish to
promote products, services and experiences that support wellness and self-care.
Curated by: Dorothy Saulewicz Image Credit: Dorothy Saulewicz
Market Date and Details:
● The Market will take place on Sunday, February 9, 2020 in the North Ballroom
on the main floor of the Gladstone.
-Vendor Load in and Set up – 9am – 10am
-Market hours – 10am-4pm
-Vendor Strike and Load Out – 4pm-5pm
● Admission is Free to the Public
● The Vendor Fee is $100 + HST
Vendor Fee Includes:
● 6′ standard banquet table and chair. (Vendors must bring their own
● Promotional support, social media and targeted audience outreach in
coordination with curator or partnering organization and participating vendors.
● Note to Vendors: Vendors are responsible to be on site during market hours
and for all payment transactions. Gladstone Hotel cannot provide change.
About GH Marketplace
The GH Marketplace presents curated monthly shopping experiences highlighting local artists
and entrepreneurs, artisanal producers, creative collectives and social enterprises. At the
Gladstone, we believe buying local, seasonal and championing and facilitating opportunities for
artists, entrepreneurs and micro producers is necessary to support our local environment and
our local economy. Our monthly marketplace is connected to our cultural programming
strategy. And one of the ways that we strive to grow our community of creatives and
innovators and connect them to each other and to our guests. Each GH Marketplace is themed
and collaboratively created working with independent curators or in partnership with cultural
and community groups.
● FOCUS – The GH Marketplace is focused on showcasing independent and emerging artists,
entrepreneurs and social enterprises. We like to shine a spotlight on innovators, movers and
● INTIMATE – The unique setting of the hotel, and the size (usually 20 vendors), focus and
mandate of our marketplace provides every participant with the opportunity to be prominently
● ACCESSIBLE – Participation costs for vendors are minimal compared to trade shows and more
commercial events. Markets are free with no admission fee to the public.
● EXPOSURE – We work hard to support vendors to draw audience and professional contacts via
our networks and provide access to our social media followers.
● SUPPORT – The Gladstone staff team supports market planning, marketing and promotions to
make participating is easy and rewarding. And we engage individual curators, advocators and
partners who provide expertise, connect their networks and infuse their creative energy make
each market hum.
● CONNECTION – When you participate in GH Marketplace events you become part of the
Gladstone Hotel family. You will see your neighbours, your colleagues, and people you would
like to meet – new clients, future collaborators. We want to you to feel at home and be yourself.
The Gladstone is a place for fun, taking chances, connecting to people and new opportunities!
How to Apply:
● If you are interested in applying to be a vendor at this event please complete the
Vendor Application Form,
● If you do not have a website or social media for reference please provide 3-5 images of
your product for consideration.
● Please note the cost to be a vendor is $100 +HST and includes a standard 6×3 banquet
table and chair. There is no application fee to apply.