- Event Venues
- Food + Drink
Want to throw a music, art or fundraising event at the Gladstone?
As part of a B-Corporation commitment to social engagement and responsibility, The Gladstone Hotel works with community partners and artists on a host of cultural events, from Pride parties to trivia nights. If you have a proposal for a cultural-events partnership, please out our partnership request form.
The Gladstone’s Annual Exhibition on Urbanism, Landscape and Contemporary Art
Deadline For Submissions: September 30th 2017, 11pm EST
Exhibition Dates: April 2018
Grow Op at the Gladstone Hotel, Toronto, celebrates its sixth year in April 2018 as an exhibition of art and design that cultivates ideas across a broad range of disciplines, examining how humans and other species live within and without natural systems of growth, change, abundance, scarcity, decay and life.
The Gladstone invites a diversity of proposals from collaborative teams, collectives and individuals that engage with landscape, species and habitat through installation, sculpture, performance, digital media and more to create a provocative experiential exhibition.
Submissions may engage participants through sight, touch, sound, and taste to create a landscape of immersive experience. Interdisciplinary collaborations are encouraged, combining creative practitioners such as: artists, biologists, historians, anthropologists, musicians, botanists, architects, poets, craftspeople, chefs, geographers, filmmakers, ecologists, performers, landscape architects, writers, planners, agriculturalists and more.
For more information on Grow Op:
Grow Op 2018 Fees:
Fees to participate are as follows and will be required once the Jury has made its final selections. There is no proposal submission fee.
Room Installations $350 + HST
Site-Specific Public Space Installations/Projects $100 + HST
Why Exhibit at The Gladstone Hotel?
– The Gladstone Hotel is one of the most respected art, design & cultural hubs in Toronto.
– Many of our exhibitors have been featured by The Globe & Mail, Canadian Architect, Narcity, The National Post, CBC, Toronto Star, The Torontoist, View on Canadian Art (VoCA), Breakfast Television, Toronto Life Magazine, NOW Magazine, AZURE Magazine, Design Boom, Huffington Post, Canadian Art and many more.
– We provide the opportunity to network with the media, curators, gallerists, collectors, artists, designers and members of the general public.
– We provide the opportunity for exhibitors here to receive special rates at the hotel.
– We provide alternative exhibition spaces that are optimal for independent and emerging designers with a range of design/art sensibilities including political, commercial and strictly aesthetic perspectives.
– We provide exclusivity – This is not a trade show. The unique exhibition setting of the art hotel, and the size, focus and mandate of the event provides every participant with the opportunity to be prominently featured in the show.