We believe buying local, seasonal and championing and facilitating opportunities for artists, entrepreneurs and micro producers is necessary to support our local environment and our local economy.
GH Marketplace presents curated shopping experiences highlighting local artists, entrepreneurs, artisanal producers, creative collectives and social enterprises. Our monthly marketplace is connected to our cultural programming strategy; it is one of the many ways that we aim to grow our community of creatives and innovators while connecting them to each other and to our guests.
Open Call For Submissions
GH Marketplace: Swap and Shop Sustainable: The Gladstone Hotel and Fashion Takes Action are teaming up to present a Swap and Shop Sustainable Fashion Marketplace on Sunday April 28.
Legends: Vintage Fashion Market Back by popular demand! Our fave vintage fashion specialist, Andrea Lalonde @NouveauRicheVintage is inviting style forward vendors to deliver another dream shopping experience – with extended hours to 6pm!. One day only – just in time for summer and aimed at emerging and seasoned vintage collectors and anyone serious about expressing their personal style through unique fashion pieces. Curated by Andrea Lalonde.
GH Marketplace: Queer Makers Market in Partnership with YOHOMO — The Gladstone Hotel and YOHOMO are teaming up to present a special Pride Edition GH Marketplace event on Sunday June 9. YOHOMO will be curating this event and inviting one of their fave DJ’s to set the vibe for you in the ballroom while sell your crafty wares, queer fashions, art and lit.
- FOCUS – The GH Marketplace is focused on showcasing independent and emerging artists, entrepreneurs and social enterprises. We like to shine a spotlight on innovators, movers and shakers.
- INTIMATE – The unique setting of the hotel, and the size (usually 20 vendors), focus and mandate of our marketplace provides every participant with the opportunity to be prominently featured.
- ACCESSIBLE – Participation costs for vendors are minimal compared to trade shows and more commercial events. Markets admission is free to the public.
- EXPOSURE – We work hard to support vendors to draw audience and professional contacts via our networks and provide access to our social media followers.
- SUPPORT – The Gladstone staff team supports market planning, marketing and promotions to make participating easy and rewarding. And we engage individual curators, advocators and partners who provide expertise, connect their networks and infuse their creative energy to make each market hum.
- CONNECTION –
When you participate in GH Marketplace events you become part of the Gladstone Hotel family. You will see your neighbours, your colleagues, and people you would like to meet—new clients, future collaborators. The Gladstone is a place for fun, taking chances, connecting to people and new opportunities!
Each GH Marketplace is themed and collaboratively created working with independent curators or in partnership with cultural and community groups. If you would like to propose a partnership for a future market, please send a proposal of what you would like to do as well as preferred dates to GHMarkeplace@gladstonehotel.com