407 | Racine
The Gladstone’s Racine room is an intimate, elegant retreat. Guests will be enticed to leave their cell phones behind as they step into the grandeur of the past and experience a sense of the romances of hotel travel during the Victorian period. An audio postcard built into the room décor adds to the ambience.
- Queen bed
- 222sq ft (21 sq m)
- 4 piece bathroom with hairdryer
- South view
- Hypo-allergenic duvet and pillows, 300 thread count sheets
- Studio-size ironing board (full sized ironing board available by calling the Front Desk)
- Coffee and tea service in the 3rd floor lounge (7am-10am)
- Fitness facilities available at 99 Sudbury Gym
- Telephone with private voice mail and free local calls
- 32″- 43″ Smart TV
- All-natural Canadian bath products
- Safety deposit box
Find out more about our complimentary and extra room amenities HERE.
Designed by Susan Collett, Penelope Stewart and Nicholas Stirling
The architecture of the Gladstone being restored to its former glory gave us the inspiration to create a room that would reflect its new elegance while playing with contemporary notions of displacement. We are interested in the push and pull of travel, the longing for adventure while longing to be at home. Ideas such as…I am here… I was here… You are here… Wish you were here…. began to percolate. Maps, old postcards, stamps, old luggage, mazes all became source material to create the functional and the mise en scéne. A further element added to the space is a soundscape. The guest has the option of listening to a CD “audio postcard” composition or tuning into the regular outside radio broadcasts.