416 | Felt Room
The FELT room celebrates the rich material qualities of this fabric so strongly connected to Canada’s history and modern industrialization. FELT is a room based on the material and idea of felt. Felt is rich in material qualities and social significance; it can be worked as a surface as well as a structure and is associated with modern industrialization. As material, object or vehicle for critical analysis, felt is rich in scope.
- Queen bed
- 185sq ft (17 sq m)
- 4 piece bathroom with hairdryer
- East view
- Hypo-allergenic duvet and pillows, 300 thread count sheets
- Studio-size ironing board (full sized ironing board available by calling the Front Desk)
- Coffee and tea service in the 3rd floor lounge (7am-10am)
- Telephone with private voice mail and free local calls
- 32″- 43″ Smart TV
- All-natural Canadian bath products
- Safety deposit box
Find out more about our complimentary and extra room amenities HERE.
Designed by Kathryn Walter
The FELT Studio is a laboratory that explores the material and culture of modern industrial felt through exhibitions, historical research, architectural commissions and a product line. Founded in 2000 by artist Kathryn Walter, who continues to own and operate the company, the FELT Studio remains unique in its commitment to a material rather than a market allowing it to move into numerous fields including visual art, architecture, fashion, design and material culture. The FELT Studio is based in Toronto and all FELT products are made in Canada