317 | Aura Room
Welcome to artist Sarah Keenlyside’s Aura Room, inspired by a self exploration and discovery of the colour palette that subconsciously recurs in her life and work, and ultimately lives within. Influenced by her favourite artist Sol Lewitt and her mentor Douglas Coupland, Keenlyside incorporated this palette and into a mural inspired by the pattern and colours of her own Aura.
“The Gladstone is like my home away from home. I’ve always viewed the hotel as a vital incubator for artists and a refuge for creatives of all backgrounds in the city. They will take a risk with you – and give you creative freedom to create something truly unique,” said Keenlyside. “I’m so honoured to be an enduring part of this place.”
- Double bed
- 154sq ft (14sq m)
- Newly renovated 3 piece bathroom with hairdryer
- Hypo-allergenic duvet and pillows, 300 thread count sheets
- Studio-size ironing board (full sized ironing board available by calling the Front Desk)
- Coffee and tea service in the 3rd floor lounge (7am-9am)
- Telephone with private voice mail and free local calls
- 32″- 43″ Smart TV
- All-natural Canadian bath products
- Safety deposit box
Find out more about our complimentary and extra room amenities HERE.
Sarah Keenlyside is a visual storyteller, artist and creative collaborator – her work ranges from documentary films, large-scale art installations, community events and culinary experiences. She’s also co-owner and creative director of CXBO Chocolates (2017 Wallpaper Magazine International Design Award winner) and Restaurant La Banane (Canada’s Best New Restaurant in 2017, according to Canada’s 100 Best Restaurants Magazine), both of which she co-founded together with renowned Canadian chef Brandon Olsen.