Grow Op 2016 | CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS!
THE CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS FOR GROW OP 2016 IS NOW CLOSED. CHECK OUR 2016 YEAR’S GROW OP EXHIBITION PARTICIPANTS HERE!
Exhibition Dates: April 21-24, 2016
ENTRY DEADLINE: September 30th, 2015.
Gladstone Hotel’s fourth annual Grow Op exhibition, a four-day exhibition celebrates innovative ideas and conceptual responses to landscape, gardens, art, and place-making under this year’s theme, the culture of landscape is open for submissions for 2016!
Grow Op 2016 is seeking proposals that employ the tools of art, craft and design to reframe our understanding of the shifting boundaries between urban and wild, culture and nature.
Can we use the lake to commute to work? Will local food be able to feed us all? What if pigs were our composters? How did that bear get into my backyard?
From community gardening initiatives to experimental landscapes to disruptive art projects, we seek proposals from individuals and collectives whose work engages with landscape, place and habitats with the goal of creating an experiential exhibition of high quality that is evocative and inspiring.
The historic Gladstone Hotel offers a unique venue to engage a large audience in a dialogue about the qualities and meaning behind the designed and altered landscape, from the condo balcony to the public square and territories beyond.
One of the most intriguing annual exhibitions in Toronto, Grow Op encourages an array of perspectives and dialogues that challenge our perceptions of nature, the built environment and our influences on both.
Please note: The use of plant material is not a specific requirement, however, if plants are included, appropriate plant selection and a commitment to basic plant care is required.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit electronically no later then 11 p.m. (EST) on September 30th, 2015.
Grow Op 2015 Fees
Fees to participate are as follows and will be required once the Jury has made its final selections. There is no proposal submission fee.
Room Installations $350 + HST
Site-Specific Public Space Installations/Projects $100 + HST
Why Exhibit at The Gladstone Hotel?
– The Gladstone Hotel is one of the most respected art, design & cultural hubs in Toronto.
– Many of our exhibitors have been featured by The Globe & Mail, The National Post, CBC, Toronto Star, The Torontoist, View on Canadian Art (VoCA), Breakfast Television, Toronto Life Magazine, NOW Magazine, AZURE Magazine, Design Boom, Huffington Post, Canadian Art and many more.
– We provide the opportunity to network with the media, curators, gallerists, collectors, artists, designers and members of the general public.
– We provide the opportunity for exhibitors here to receive special rates at the hotel.
– We provide alternative exhibition spaces that are optimal for independent and emerging designers with a range of design/art sensibilities including political, commercial and strictly aesthetic perspectives.
– We provide exclusivity – This is not a trade show. The unique exhibition setting of the art hotel, and the size, focus and mandate of the event provides every participant with the opportunity to be prominently featured in the show.